Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education
All manuscripts should indicate the type of article—Feature, Commentary, Tools of the Profession/Book Review—on the title page of the manuscript. Manuscripts cannot be published or be under current consideration for publication by another journal. The Journal follows the standards set forth in the latest Publication Manual of the American Psychology Association (APA 6th edition). The Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education is a publication of the Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education (AIAEE). The following general requirements must be followed for all manuscript submissions:
- Type Style:
- Use Times New Roman font for all text in the manuscript.
- Use 12-point type for all text in the manuscript.
- Margins and Tabs:
- Use 1.00 inch margins on all sides.
- Do not reset the default tab settings in your manuscript.
- Document Spacing:
- Use double-spacing throughout entire manuscript, except:
- Do not double-space between paragraphs.
- Do not double-space tables.
- Do not reset the default line space settings (before and after each line) in your manuscript.
- Use double-spacing throughout entire manuscript, except:
- Number all pages (use Letter size paper, 8.5 x 11 inches, for all copy) after the title page. NO LANDSCAPE formatting for any text or Tables.
- Create Line Numbers for each page (see Line Numbering file for specific instructions).
- Prepare all copy flush left; do not use full justification; use left justification only.
- Use one space after periods or any punctuation that separates two sentences.
- Do not use all capital letters.
- Indent the first line of each paragraph; use the indent function for citations of >40 words.
- Use the Tables feature rather than using tabs or spacing to align data.
- Use hard returns only at the end of a paragraph or other places where lines of copy are broken in the manuscript (such as after each line in a heading or subheading).
- Limit the use of numerical and/or bulleted lists in the manuscript; lists detract from overall readability and diminish the “scholarly writing” normally expected in the JIAEE. Use a single tab (do not use indent) between numbers/bullets and typed material.
- Follow the APA Publication Manual (6th ed.) for all citations in text and reference list. It is the author’s responsibility to insure strict adherence to APA. Submissions that fail to strictly adhere to APA style may be rejected outright by the Managing Editor without further review.
- Follow APA Publication Manual (6th ed.) standards for presentation, titles, legends, notation, and citation (if necessary) for all figures in the manuscript.
- Boldface and Headings:
- Follow APA Publication Manual (6th ed.) standards for all headings in the manuscript.
- Do not use the footnote function; Do not use endnotes.
- Textual material should be explained fully in the body; footnotes/endnotes are unnecessary.
- Microsoft Word files only may be submitted online.
- Title Page:
- Manuscript title (title case only)
- Authors’ full names (this is the only page where authors’ names should be included)
- Names of Institutions represented
- Authors' City, State, and Country (no street addresses required)
- Valid e-mail addresses for all authors
- Manuscript Title
- Abstract: a succinct gist of the article’s content, not exceeding 250 words
- Keywords (about five) describing the manuscript topic; select from the keyword categories on user preferences (reviewer topics)
- Introduction/Review of Literature
- Theoretical/Conceptual/Operational Framework
- Purpose and Objectives
- Findings/Results: narrative and tabular information (each table must be included in the manuscript body immediately following the paragraph where it was first noted)
- Conclusion, Recommendations, and Implications
- References: use appropriate APA citation standards
- Feature Articles are no longer than 20 double-spaced pages, excluding references.
- There is no submission fee charged for submitting a feature article.
- All articles must be submitted online at http://jiaee.expressacademic.org/login.php
- A $10.00/page ($20.00 for non AIAEE members) (actual pages in the Journal) publication fee will be charged to the lead author if the manuscript is accepted for publication after the peer-review process is complete.
The above conditions must be met prior to online submission.
Commentary Articles are to be submitted online. These articles are invited by the editors.
A title page with manuscript title, authors’ names, institutions, city/state/country, and e-mail addresses is required. The article must include an Abstract not exceeding 250 words. Please include Keywords (about seven) to describe your manuscript. Commentary Articles should not be longer than eight double-spaced (12-point, Times New Roman) pages (not including the title page) with one-inch margins on all sides, excluding references. There is no submission charge for the manuscript, but there will be a $10.00/page ($20.00 for non AIAEE members) (actual pages in the Journal) publication fee assessed to the lead author if accepted for publication after the peer-review process.
Tools of the Profession and Book Review Articles
Tools of the Profession and Book Reviews are to be submitted online. A title page with manuscript title, authors’ names, institutions, city/state/country, and e-mail addresses is required. Please include Keywords (about seven) to describe your manuscript. Articles should not be longer than four double-spaced (12-point, Times New Roman) pages (not including the title page) with one-inch margins on all sides, including references. There is no submission charge for the manuscript, but there will be a $10.00/page ($20.00 for non AIAEE members) (actual pages in the Journal) publication fee assessed to the lead author if accepted for publication after the peer-review process.
See additional Book Review information at http://www.aiaee.org/files/BookRevGuide.pdf